2 medium onions, diced
400g cooked chickpeas
1 tbsp tahini paste
1 lemon, juiced
3 cloves garlic
80ml olive oil
Pinch of sugar
Salt and pepper
- To start the Hummus place a sauce pan on a medium heat.
- Once hot add the olive oil, chopped onion and a pinch of salt and sugar.
- Cook the onions until soft and caramelised, about 10-15 minutes.
- Place the cooked onions along with 80ml of water and the remaining ingredients into a blender.
- Blend until smooth, taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Loosen the hummus with more water if required.
- Top with some finely chopped chives.
- Serve with some fresh sourdough.