Waffles with Chocolate Sauce
140ml milk, warm
40g melted butter
95g self-raising flour
20g caster sugar
150g plain chocolate, broken into pieces
40g caster sugar
- Start the waffles by pre heating the waffle maker.
- Place the flour and caster sugar in a bowl and mix.
- Using a whisk mix the milk and the melted butter into the flour mix.
- Add the egg and whisk again until smooth, set aside.
- Make the chocolate sauce by placing the water and sugar in a pan on a high heat.
- Bring to the boil and whisk until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove from the heat and add the chocolate whisk until the chocolate has melted and shiny.
- Pour the waffle mix into the waffle maker only filling one side, close the lid and cook for 5-7 minutes or until golden and crispy.